Learn, share and promote your talents...to be found!
What Big Apple Actors is:
1. A site for professional actors who are seeking work, to learn, experience and share their knowledge. In addition, each actor's page should reflect their talents and professionalism as an actor just like other professional acting web sites.
2. A site for casting directors, companies, directors, agents, etc. to find, review and contact talent.
3. A wholly owned division or subsidiary of CustomersFirst.com Corp.
What Big Apple Actors is not:
A place for sharing photos, videos, stories, blogs, etc "a la Facebook" that do not help you get hired or called for an audition.
Note: just being in a commercial or movie, especially as background, does not instantly make you an actor and may not be sufficient to join Big Apple Actors.
Also, posting your full name (first & last), is required. Unless you're Bono, Cher, Madonna or Gandhi anyone seeking to hire you will want to know your full name and may even search on it. Before applying, please have ready the following:
Annual Fee: The annual fee is only $10* and due 7 days after conditional approval. If you're approved, an email is sent to the email address that you provided (check your spam filters!) indicating any enhancements that are needed for final approval.
You may use the PayPal Donate button on the left side of the Main Page or send a check to:
PO Box 33
Natick, MA 01760
* full refund within 1-month from date of approval.
** paying the annual fee does not absolve the requirement of a properly formatted profile page.
Get 2 Months Free:
If your profile submission follows and adheres to the items below, does not require enhancements or fixes and you pay the annual fee within 7 days of approval, you will receive a 14 month subscription (2 months for free!).
1) You must be at least 18 years of age.
2) A professional looking head shot (8 x 10) to upload as your Profile Photo. This is the first item someone sees when reviewing your page, it must show your professionalism as an actor (an amateur photo of you in your back yard is an example of what not to upload.
3) The town or city in which you currently reside. If you live outside of New England you may join for $25/year.
4) Your email address and phone number
5) The URL of your acting web site if you have one. Examples include: Agency Pro, NY Casting, Actors Access or even YourName.com. What is not appropriate: any site that is not dedicated to you as an actor, including Facebook & MySpace.
6) Use the following format to list your PHYSICAL TRAITS:
Copy and paste the following into your TRAITS section.
Format for Men
Build or Body Style:
Format for Women
Build or Body Style:
7) SKILLS: Check the box to the left of each performance skill that you possess. Each skill you check-off should be truly easy and natural for you to perform.
8) A listing of your significant acting work. You may show background work, but just background work, school, church or unknown video productions (i.e. amateur) may not be sufficient. Include production names, directors, dates and your role.
Do not write phrases, sentences or paragraphs, use a format that is easy to read, such as this:
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" - Role: Benjamin Button - 2008 - Dir. David Fincher.
"Cheers" - Role: Sam Malone - 1985-1992
"West Side Story" - Role: shark - Broadway 1955
DO NOT write: see resume or the like (time starved industry pros want to see some experience on your BAA page, not have to click to another site).
9) List of any acting classes (name of teacher, casting agent, year taken, etc). This is not a prerequisite, but certainly enhances a submission that is lacking experience.
10) Any other work, charities, events, etc. in which you're involved.Why? shows a little bit more about you and perhaps some film project needs this an actual type of worker or person.
Questions? Please contact Bradley J.